I love using my oils for baking and cooking, and I LOVE finding new recipes to use in.
This banana bread coffee cake is DELICIOUS, and uses Young Living’s cinnamon bark vitality and Young Living’s Thieves vitality.
So good and the oils add the PERFECT amount of spice to this sweet, sweet bread.
It’s not picture perfect, but your stomach doesn’t care about presentation.
This recipe is very easy to whip together, but the bread needs to cool for awhile before transferring from pan to cooling rack. (More on that later)
First, peel and mash 3 very ripe bananas.
I will not eat a banana this ripe, so putting them in bread is the only way they’ll get used once they end up looking like giraffes.
Once mashed, add brown sugar.
3 drops each of cinnamon bark vitality and thieves vitality
A healthy splash of vanilla (this is my favorite vanilla!)
Then place the banana mixture to the side.
Now, you’re going to whip the sugar and butter into a sweet stupor.
Add the eggs and whip it real good
Add flour, baking soda and salt (which I apparently forgot a photo of that step) until combined and then add banana mixture.
Pour into two greased bread pans and set aside
Mix together flour, cinnamon and brown sugar in a separate bowl
Use a pastry cutter to mix in cold butter
Once it’s all mixed and course looking, it’s reading to add to the bread
Spread mixture evenly between the two pans
Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until knife comes out clean
I only had one survivor because I tried to dump the other one out before it had cooled enough. The crumb topping makes it very top heavy, so it separated and fell apart. Still delicious! But not photo worthy.
We ate it for breakfast this morning, with a little butter and a side of homemade apple sauce. YUM.
If you make this bread, tag me in your photos on Instagram! I’d love to see your creation @shorthairsandlongnaps
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup softened/melted butter
- 3 drops Young livings cinnamon bark vitality
- 3 drops Young livings thieves vitality
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick of cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease bread pans
- Combine bananas, brown sugar, vanilla and vitality oils. Set aside
- In mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar
- Add eggs and mix until combined
- Add flour, baking soda and salt, mix until combined
- Add banana mixture, mix until combined
- Split mixture into two bread pans
- In a separate bowl, add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon. Mix together
- Add cold butter and use a pastry cutter to mix together, until a course mixture is formed
- Split overtop bread mixture in bread pans
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
*note: this took A LONG time in my oven. Probably more like 45 minutes. Check your loaves after 30 minutes. Bread is done when you can poke it with a knife and it comes out clean